Bowling Depot - COVID-19
Last update: September 3, 2020
We are open and ready to welcome back our bowling community; committed to a safe environment. Our hours are on our Hours page.
We will be following all Alberta Health Services guidelines including but not restricted to the following (these will be fine tuned as the situation is dynamic).
Note: Any mandates by provincial health or government authority - if more restrictive than this protocol - will apply.
- As per City of Calgary bylaws, the use of face coverings is mandatory in our facility except while eating or while bowling (bowling
is considered a physical activity under the bylaw).
- Face coverings must be worn these situations: Any movement in the concourse or outside of your lane area (including washrooms, concession, pro shop and lineage sales).
- Face coverings can be removed only when: you are bowling or in your lane seating area OR you are eating or drinking a product from our concession.
- Physical distancing will apply. Please obey all arrows, floor dots, wait circles, and other markings in the building. In the absence of markings,
keep right and allow seven floor tiles between you and the person ahead of you.
- Staff will be practicing increased hand hygiene and wearing protective equipment.
- All touch points at the lane bed as well as shoes and balls will be sanitized after each bowling session.
- There will be increased sanitization and cleaning of common touch points and washrooms.
- Hand sanitizer is available at several points in the bowling center. Soap stations in the washrooms are touchless.
- Violations of guidelines may result in removal from the facility without refund.
- DO NOT enter our facility if you:
- have any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, lack of smell and the like)
- have been a close contact with a current case of COVID-19
- have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- If you book with us and develop symptoms before your booked time OR have been identified as a close contact with a COVID-19 case OR are forced to leave Canada on a work or family emergency, call us and cancel or reschedule your booking. If there is a deposit it can be refunded. There will be no charge for rebooking.
- Leagues will commence at their normal schedule unless otherwise advised by your executive.
- One team per pair of lanes (everybody will be on an even lane or everybody will be on an odd lane).
There will not be cross-lane play. All frames during each week will be played on the same lane.
- Bowling times may be adjusted for larger leagues.
- Prebowling will be on single lanes. It is strongly recommended that lanes are booked in advance for prebowling.
- Contact your league executive or us if you have questions on league play.
- Staff will be applying hand sanitizer to guests on arrival.
- You will receive a sanitized shoe bucket at check in. Please put your outdoor footwear in the bucket and leave it at your lane while bowling.
- We will collect names and shoe sizes. Once shoes are issued, please have one person stay at control desk to pay for bowling while the rest of the group proceeds to the assigned lane.
- There will be a minimum of one idle lane on each side of a group.
- There are to be no more than six people on a lane.
- If you bring your own personal bowling balls and/or shoes, our staff must sanitize them before play.
- Disposable slider shoes are available.
- Contactless debit or credit is preferred. Payment terminals and the control desk will be sanitized between customers.
- Please do not bring spectators (except special needs caregivers and parents of children that are bowling).
- Stay on your assigned lane unless using the washroom or patronizing concessions.
- Limit of one designated person per lane/group for the purposes of ordering food and drink from concession.
- Do not move between seating areas of the lanes as each seating area is sanitized for a future group. Please proceed to the nearest step to your lane and use the concourse.
- Do not collect or touch balls, ball racks, seats and keyboards on other lanes.
- Do not touch items that you do not intend to purchase or use for your bowling.
- Please advise the control desk of any troubles.
- Loud cheering can be a spread hazard for any virus or bacteria. Please use air-fives.
- Jukebox: Our jukebox can be played touchless (except during league) when you download the AMI Music App. For more information see AMI.
Food and Drink
- Condiments are not self-serve and will be issued by center staff only.
- The self-serve water cooler has been removed. We cannot refill personal water bottles.
- Absolutely no outside food or drink will be permitted.
- We cannot provide microwave service to warm up items such as baby bottles.
- Curbside pickup and phone ordering will be available on all meals (except liquor). Pickup times must be scheduled at the time of order
such that we can control traffic in the area and ensure your food is served hot.
- Takeout is available for bowlers upon completion of the game. Bowlers should place their orders about 20 minutes (about 20 turns) before their last frame such that the food can be taken out right after bowling.
- When you are done, leave all rental bowling shoes in your bucket and return the bucket to the control desk where we will sanitize these.
- If you choose to renew a lane, please have one person from the group report to control desk for the renewal.